20 Questions with | Conor Montijo |
If there was only one thing we could say about working with Notre Dame Athletics Marketing Intern Conor Montijo it would be: Fun. If there was another word it would be: Hardworking. Okay, this is our blog we can say whatever we want. Conor is both FUN and HARDWORKING. And well if you're going to be an intern in the sports industry you better have both traits. This "young pup" (that's what Robert calls anybody under the age of 30) is going to do a lot of awesome things with his career because his passion is truly infectious. We also really like that his pregame ritual involves the song "World's Greatest."
It's our pleasure to introduce to you the World's Greatest Intern, Conor Montijo:
1. NAME: Conor Montijo
2. OCCUPATION/TITLE: Dreamweaver/Notre Dame Athletics Marketing Intern
3. HOMETOWN: Tucson, Arizona (Bear Down)
4. PREGAME RITUAL: Listen to R Kelly’s opus, “World’s Greatest”
5. FAVORITE THING TO SNACK ON: Tortilla Chips. Guac and salsa are optional.
6. FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Making memories that last for first time fans or 40-year season ticket holders.
7. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: “Other duties as assigned”
8. HIDDEN TALENTS/HOBBIES: Cooking (something other than media room hot dogs) and debating whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie (it is).
9. ADVICE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: Spend more time outside.
10. YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG: “Piano Man” -Billy Joel
11. FAVORITE MOVIE: Remember the Titans. Space Jam is a close second.
12. FAVORITE TV SHOW: Friday Night Lights
13. IF YOU WERE IN A BOY BAND WHAT WOULD IT BE CALLED: Conor and the Lads
14. FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT: JW Chen’s. It’s a local Chinese place I go probably twice a week. I tell myself it’s a healthy habit.
15. WHAT DO YOU ORDER THERE: Three Cup Chicken, it's off the menu but it’s the best thing they serve. Also, don’t sleep on the Almond Shrimp or Spicy Fish
16. FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS: Jasmine or Mulan, depends on the day.
17. WHAT’S YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL: Road Runner
18. WHAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE: Rode a tricycle down a large hill, didn’t end well for me.
19. WHAT’S THE LAST SHOW THAT YOU BINGE-WATCHED: Currently in Breaking Bad, my sleep schedule has suffered accordingly.
20. IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS JOB WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: Hiking the Grand Canyon